Every mother knows the joy of adorning their little girl’s hair with unique and beautiful hairstyles. Cornrows, with their timeless appeal and protective nature, have been a favorite for many. For mothers who find solace and bonding in creating intricate patterns on their daughter’s head, this article is your treasure trove of inspiration.
- Classic Straight Back Cornrows: Sometimes, going back to basics is the best. These are easy to do and look neat and polished.
- Zig-zag Partings: Instead of the traditional straight partings, why not try zig-zag patterns? They add an unexpected twist to the classic cornrow.
- Side-Swept Cornrows: Instead of the usual straight-back cornrows, make them flow to one side of the head, culminating in a cascade of braids on one shoulder.
- Cornrows with Loose Ends: Begin with the classic cornrow but leave the ends loose. It gives a mix of structure and free-flowing hair.
- Cornrows into a Bun: Braid the cornrows towards the crown and then bundle them into a chic bun. Elegant and keeps the hair away from the face!
- Two-Toned Cornrows: Use extensions of a different shade than her natural hair. This gives a highlighted effect to the braids.
- Heart-shaped Cornrows: Perfect for special occasions, or just when she’s feeling a little extra love. The cornrows converge to form adorable heart patterns on her scalp.
- Cornrows with Beads: Adorn the ends with beads or even midway through the braids. They add color and fun to the look.
A Few Handy Tips:
- Keep it Loose: While it’s essential to keep cornrows neat, ensure they aren’t too tight. This prevents any unnecessary tension or strain on the scalp.
- Haircare: Remember to moisturize the scalp and hair. It maintains the health and sheen of the braids.
- Time for Change: As much as braids can be protective and last long, it’s advisable to let the hair breathe and change up styles every few weeks.
Indeed, the world of cornrows offers a plethora of options for the artistic mothers out there. Each style speaks volumes and offers your little girl a chance to express herself uniquely. So, go ahead, and let your creativity run wild with these ideas. After all, there’s nothing quite like the bonding between a mother and daughter over braids and stories. Enjoy these moments!