Bantu Knots Quadrants With Fulani Braids
For young girls, especially those with natural hair, finding a versatile hairstyle that isn’t just pretty but also functional can be quite a task. The Bantu-knots are that perfect in-between hairstyle for many reasons.
- Hair Stretching: For those familiar with natural hair, shrinkage is real. Bantu-knots help stretch the hair without using heat, ensuring the hair retains its health and volume.
- Protective Styling: Bantu-knots keep the hair ends tucked in, which can prevent them from environmental damage.
- Defined Curls: Once you undo these knots, you’re left with beautiful, heat-free curls. The size of the knots determines the curl size, giving you the flexibility to decide the kind of curls you want.
- Preparation for Next Style: If you’re planning a different hairstyle, Bantu-knots can be a great way to prep the hair. Want to switch to cornrows later? No problem. The hair is already detangled and stretched from the Bantu-knots, making the process seamless.
Steps to Achieve the Perfect Bantu-Knots:
- Sectioning: Divide the hair into sections. The size of each section will determine the size of the Bantu knot.
- Detangle: Use a wide-toothed comb to detangle each section.
- Twist & Knot: Twist each section from the roots to the ends, then wind the twist around itself to form a knot. Secure the end under the knot.
- Accessorize: For added flair, accessorize with beads. Not only do they look adorable, but they also help weigh down the knots a bit, ensuring they stay in place.
- Night Care: To maintain the knots, especially if worn for more than a day, cover the hair with a satin or silk scarf at night. This prevents frizz and keeps the knots neat.
- Moisturize: Use a light oil or spray to keep the scalp moisturized.
Transitioning to Cornrows:
When you’re ready to change up the look, simply take down the Bantu knots. Your little one’s hair will be stretched, detangled, and ready to be styled into cornrows or any other style you choose.
In the world of natural hairstyles, the Bantu-knot serves as a chic, versatile, and functional style that can be dressed up or down. Whether it’s worn as the main style or used as a stepping stone for another, it’s a winner every time!