Cornrow hairstyles, originating from Africa, are not only beautiful but practical. They offer a stylish way to keep hair neat and protected. Over the years, cornrows have evolved from traditional straight-back styles to intricate and artistic designs. If you’re searching for cornrow inspiration for your little girl, here are some trendy options:
1. Classic Straight-Back Cornrows
- These are traditional and simple, running straight from the forehead to the nape. They can be thick or thin, depending on your preference.
2. Curved Cornrows
- Instead of going straight back, these cornrows curve in beautiful patterns, creating a crown-like effect on the head.
3. Cornrows with Beads
- After braiding the hair, you can add colorful beads to the ends. This gives the hairstyle a playful and youthful touch.
4. Side-Swept Cornrows
- The braids flow from one side of the head to the other, creating a stylish side-swept look.
5. Cornrows with Puff or Bun
- Cornrow the front or sides, leaving the back or crown out. The unbraided hair can be styled into a puff or bun.
6. Zig-Zag Cornrows
- Instead of straight lines, the cornrows follow a zig-zag pattern, creating a unique and striking look.
7. Cornrows with Box Braids Combo
- Incorporate cornrows in the front or on the sides and let the rest of the hair flow down in box braids. This provides both neatness and length.
8. Heart-Shaped Cornrows
- Braids curve into the shape of hearts, making it an adorable choice for special occasions or photo shoots.
9. Cornrows with Twists
- Combine cornrows with twists for a varied texture. This is a great way to mix two protective styles.
10. Ponytail Cornrows
- Braid the hair into cornrows that gather into a ponytail at the crown or back of the head. You can then twist or braid the ponytail for added style.
11. Cornrows with Extensions
- If you want to add length or play with colors without dyeing your child’s natural hair, consider incorporating extensions into the cornrows.
12. Updo Cornrows
- Braid the hair into an updo, which is perfect for formal occasions. This style keeps hair off the neck and showcases the beautiful cornrow patterns.
Tips for Cornrow Care:
- Moisturize regularly: Cornrows can cause hair to dry out, especially in children. Regularly moisturize the scalp and hair using lightweight oils or hair lotions.
- Avoid pulling too tight: Ensure that the braids aren’t too tight to prevent hairline breakage and discomfort.
- Wear a silk or satin scarf at night: This reduces frizz and keeps the cornrows looking fresh longer.
Cornrow hairstyles for girls are diverse and can be customized to match their personality and style preference. Whether you opt for a classic or modern design, cornrows are sure to make your girl look stylish and feel confident.